Reiki (ray’ • key) - A Japanese relaxation therapy that promotes healing and reduces stress.
Japanese ki - known as chi in China or prana in India – is a lifeforce energy that flows throughout and around the body of all living things. When ki is out of harmony, the imbalance can lead to physical and emotional distress. Reiki therapy is a soothing, holistic experience that will restore this balance for improved quality of life.
$70 per Session
approximately 40-60 minutes
How Does it Work?
During a Reiki session, Dr. Shaheen will use her hands to direct a current of lifeforce energy to you. Your body, mind, and spirit will channel this ki to use where it is most needed. Evidence-based research indicates that hospitals, clinics, hospice care, and mental health facilities are successfully utilizing Reiki therapy as a a complementary treatment to other healing and wellness programs. Reiki is recommended for any person suffering from stress, injury, or illness and is a safe and relaxing therapy for men and women of all ages, including infants, children, the elderly, and women in pregnancy who want to:
- Reduce stress and increase relaxation for a calm mind
- Alleviate chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- Strengthen the immune system
- Rebalance the functioning of organs
- Expedite healing for pre- and post-surgery orthopedic surgery patients
- Eliminate toxins from the body
- Stimulate concentration
- Allay symptoms associated with depression and bi-polar disorder
- Lessen emotional pain while coping with loss or illness